I agree with Mama Kat’s Writer’s Workshop Prompt (What do the contents of your handbag/purse “say” about you?); the contents of a purse can say a lot about someone. I spilled my purse and this is what I got:
- A Hobo wallet.
- A Walker cosmetic pouch with Rosebud Salve and several Smashbox lip glosses. It says that I am a beauty product junkie.
- Bath & Body Works alcohol gel. It says that I am don’t like germs, but yet still a beauty product junkie.
- L’Occtaine hand lotion. It says that I have dry hands because I use alcohol gel and I’m a beauty product junkie).
- Funkidivagirl.com business cards. Its says that even though I am New Media, I realize that the rest of the world may not be.
- Tissues. It says that I hate sneezes and will gladly give you a tissue for your offending nose.
- A reusable bag. It says that I am eco-conscious enough to bring my own bag and that my hands are always too full.
- A pen, highlighter and Sharpie. It says that I like to label things. You will be amazed by how many strangers borrow my Sharpie.
- Tom Ford sunglasses (not pictured).
- iPhone (not pictured).
And finally, this blue Walker cosmetic bag is this THE reason that I am who I am:
In this pouch I have:
- a sewing kit
- nail clippers
- safety pins
- Peptol Bismol
- a Tide stick
- a mini disposable toothbrush
- Wet Ones
I am ready for practically anything.
My kids make fun of me: “What’s that Honey? You say that you’re hungry? How about this chicken I have in my purse – organic of course?”
Yeah well, they may make fun of me, but who has the tissues for their runny nose? Who has Tums for their tummy ache when they ate a Ann’s Snack Bar Ghetto Burger against my admonishment? Who saves their brand new clothes from permanent stains? Who has the Band-Aid for their feet because they wore those new sandals to walk around Disney World even though I told them gym shoes would be better? Me, that’s who! I don’t carry this stuff for myself, it’s all for them!
They’ll thank me one day, they will. Until then I will continue to unselfishly save them – and the world – from mediocrity and chaos.
You may like this post about How To Organize Your Purse With Walker Bags.